Presentations will focus on the need for common sense measures to reduce gun violence in the United States as well as initiatives currently underway to promote greater gun safety.
Lindsay Nichols, Senior Attorney with the nonprofit Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence (or SmartGunLaws) in San Francisco, a national law center focused on providing comprehensive legal expertise in support of gun violence prevention and the promotion of smart gun laws that save lives. She will explain current national and state laws being proposed.
Jen Reidy and Dana Spaeth of Moms Demand Action (Marin) will speak about their local efforts to keep children and schools safe from gun violence. Jen lived in Newtown, Connecticut, and became involved in this effort following the mass shooting. Dana is a photographer who has created photos and films to bring this subject to local schools and communities.
We look forward to having members and guests with us at this event.
LWVMC COMMITTEE REPORTS
- Voter Service - Anne Layzer, Margy Eller
- Member Relations Task Force - Michael Chernock
- Transportation, Land Use and Housing - Sue Beittel, Judy Binsacca
- Justice - V-Anne Chernock, Michael Chernock
- Education - Marcia Hagen
- Healthcare - Margaret Jones, Linda Deer
- Governance - Scott McKown
- LWVBA - Veda Florez